Thanks to the Chinese Year of the Rooster, the big bird is the hottest motif in 2017. The rooster, according to the Chinese calendar, represents hard work, diligence, and keeping time and order. Update your home decor with the motif to usher in positive energy.
BRING THE BIRD HOME
Keep an eye out for interesting rooster items when you go out shopping. Try adding an embossed rooster on a tile in the kitchen or on a plate. Even rooster prints or a rooster motif on cushions can bring in some good chi.
ENTER the ROOSTER
Keep your home’s entrance clean. Place a new door mat, or go for a fresh coat of paint. Make sure this area is well-lit and looks inviting. Be sure the doorbell works. The living room is considered to be the element of fire and is your wealth and prosperity corner. The centre of the house is responsible for bringing good luck. Metal elements are good for the area. Avoid fire colours and elements here.
Get the rooster home
Follow these feng shui rules
– De-clutter. Cleanse your home by adding a pinch of sea salt to the mop water.
– Display yellow flowers at the foyer close to the main door.
– Hang a six-rod metal wind chime in the south of the living room.
– In the west of the living room, go for a red-dominant decor or turn on bright lights to mitigate arguments. You can also place a red-coloured stone or porcelain figurine.
– Keep the northwest sector quiet and clean or suspend 6 I-ching coins with red tassels to keep sickness at bay.
– Display a gem tree at the eastern side of the living room.
– Place water features at southeast for wealth and good luck.
– A figurine of a pair of birds, ducks or a rooster in the northeast of the living room is good for romance.
– Place a figurine of peacocks or images of birds at the entrance.
– Place green plants towards east or southeast sectors.
– Place three bamboo stems in a blue vase with water in the southwest corner of your living or home (but not in bedrooms) to counter theft, burglary.
– Don’t place anything in red or a fire element in southwest.
– Don’t disturb west sector of the home or garden with renovation. If necessary, start with symbolic hacking at northeast or southeast before moving west.
– Don’t place crystals or earth elements at south sector.
– Don’t use shades of red or bright lights at northwest direction especially bedrooms.